What does your business do?
Beauty Kitchen develops and manufactures 100% natural beauty and toiletry products. The business currently has over 100 products in their range.
How long has the business been running?
How many people do you employ?
Where is the company based?
How did the business get started?
We started manufacturing and trading from a small, retail unit in Glasgow where all of the products to date have been made.
What support has the company received?
- Loan through West of Scotland Loan Fund
- Account managed through Scottish Enterprise and being assisted with Intellectual Property, Trademarking, Marketing Development
- SE Financial Readiness support
- SE Innovation Project support
- Domestic Market Project Support
- LSE Grant for Innovation to attend H&B Trade Event in Holland as part of International Growth Strategy
- AInternationalisation workshop with Scottish Development International
- Various Business Adviser interactions
- Entrepreneurial Spark
- Invoice Financing through RBS.
What is the company's biggest achievement?
Winner of Scotedge 2014 Final for Innovative start-ups.
What are the company's plans for the next 3 years?
Beauty Kitchen plans to expand our range of products over the next few years by tapping into international markets. We also plan to formulate new beauty products and continue to build our brand awareness and advocacy. We’re also considering the potential to introduce in-house manufacturing as our venture develops and grows.
All formulations are bespoke to Beauty Kitchen and there is potential for trademarking and IP protection on some ingredient blends in the future.
Awards & Achievements
- Listed in the H&B Health magazine
- Featured on ITV’s ‘This Morning’
- Coverage in Sainsbury’s Magazine, Daily Express, Conde Naste Traveller, Sunday Mail, Healthy Magazine
- Launched a range of 22 products in 750 Holland & Barrett stores
Contact Name: Jo Chidley
Company Name: Beauty Kitchen
Industry/ Sector: Chemical Sciences/Manufacturing
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org