The Unit's purpose is:
- To deliver on the Council's commitment to develop and coordinate co-operative activity across the Council.
- Conduct and/or commission research on Co-operative Council activity across the UK and the wider co-operative economy, to identify potential opportunities for Glasgow City Council.
- Promote the development of co-ops, mutuals and social enterprises.
- Provide advice and support to individuals, businesses and social enterprises on developing co-operative business models. This will include sign posting to other appropriate organisations as required.
- Provide small grants for co-operative business start up activity or business development.
For more information visit: http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/co-operativeglasgow