The Healthy Working Lives Team, funded by NHS Health Scotland, can provide professional advice and support to small and medium-sized companies (up to 250 employees) to help them be healthier, safer and legally compliant.
Healthy Working Lives are not part of the Health and Safety Executive or local authority Environmental Health Departments and as such are not about enforcing Health and Safety.
The Health and Safety services that Healthy Working Lives provide in person include:
- Carrying out free, confidential and no obligation workplace Health and Safety visits. Following their visit, they will produce a bespoke and prioritised Health and Safety action plan for your business. They can provide a follow-up visit if required to talk through the action plan and offer practical advice on how to address any identified areas. They can also refer you to other organisations that may be able to assist further.
- Delivering free, face-to-face training courses on Health and Safety, including basic Health and Safety Management, Risk Assessment and Fire Safety.
Other services available through Healthy Working Lives generally include:
- Free, online Occupational Health and Safety training courses.
- Access to the Adviceline for help and information on any health and safety, occupational health and health promotion matter, including the Fit for Work service.
- The nationally recognised Healthy Working Lives Award programme, with bronze, silver and gold award levels.
- A wide range of online tools and resources, including forms, guides and a two-monthly newsletter.
If you are interested in a free workplace visit or booking a free training place, please contact the Healthy Working Lives Advice Line on 0800 019 2211 to arrange.
Website: http://www.healthyworkinglives.com/ | Twitter: @nhsggc_hwl