HMRC know that most Small & Medium Enterprises want to get things right but may need help to do so. They particularly want to help customers as they face key business life events, including starting in business, taking on an employee, registering for VAT, importing/ exporting and incorporation.
HMRC products include:
- E-learning packages for self- employed customers and employers.Starting your own business for the self-employed covers all aspects of starting and growing a business. Becoming an employer deals with taking on and paying employees. Thousands of businesses have already used these and found they're a great way of learning.
- A range of webinars. These enable customers to attend a seminar at a time to suit them. There are both live and pre-recorded webinars covering a range of topics. Customer feedback shows these are a good way to get started.
- A selection of short videos on YouTube covering subjects such as Registering as Self-Employed, PAYE, Record Keeping and Construction Industry. These are a really useful way to get a quick overview on various subjects.
- Business help and education emails is a free service to provide emails from HMRC tailored to your needs. They are designed to help you understand what you need to do and how to get it right first time.
- Record keeping for mobile devices provide access to apps to help make life a little easier for busy people on the go. A ready reckoner is also available to help you budget for your first tax bill and the tax help fact sheets are a good source of straightforward guidance that you can download from their website.
- @HMRCBusinessHelp is a Twitter account designed to provide help to business. They tweet about educational products, upcoming tax matters and online guidance. Followers can also ask general queries via Twitter.
- Business Support Tax App allows access to all the above via your tablet or mobile device: on Apple i-store or Google play.
Self Assessment Short Videos
The playlist URL is https://goo.gl/3PuhST